Thursday 14 October 2010

Good Times


Do you remember kicking up leaves like this as a child? I do and it was always such great fun! It made me wonder why I don't just put on my wellies and go and have a good kick about in the fallen leaves now- that would probably convince all the passers by that I have finally lost it!

Anyhoo, the challenge for this week over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best is 'These are My Peeps'. Basically your entry needs to have a person depicted on it and this card is my DT entry for this week. I think I'm in my orange period although the colours really haven't come out too well on this photograph - the weather had been so dull when it was taken!

I chose this image called 'It's all in the Fall' (an interesting play on words there!) because it just seemed so appropriate for the moment and you can buy it here. It was great fun grabbing all the colours of Autumn to colour in all the leaves so I haven't listed these Copics below because there were just too many to list but the other colours I used are listed below. The DPs are from my stash, MME Bloom and Grow and Blonde Moments Spring Fling collection. The lovely ticket sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and you can buy it here at Bunny Zoe's Crafts where the lovely Nikki has a very efficient mail order service. It's actually sold out at the moment but I'm sure it will be back in stock soon.

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday Challenge 124
Allsorts Challenge week 73 where we have to take our inspiration from a song title - mine is 'Autumn Leaves by Nat King Cole (of course!!)
Stamp Something where the challenge is 'Something Punchy' where we have to use punched images on our entry.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, R11, R20
Hair: YR20, YR21, E35
Shirt & socks: B000, B02, B04
Shoes (both pairs): E43 E44, E47, W3, W5, W7
Background: Y0000, Y00
Grass: YG95, YG25, G20, YG03, YG93, YG97

Well that's all from me for the moment - I hope you like the card and thank you for looking.

Diane x

19 comments:

  1. Your coloring on this card is fantastic Diane! I love all the colors you've incorporated in the leaves. Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun Diane. I love you colours and layout.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn it is!!!
    Lovely card.

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Those leaves are the perfect accent!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that well Diane...you start on the leaves and I will join in lol...what a gorgeous retro feeling card
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Diane... you just made my heart warm! It reminds me so much of my boys this time of year when they were younger. Such a sweet card and your coloring is fantastic!! Love all the extra embellies!
    Hugs!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love those metallic leaves, ticket and the lovely image

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane
    beautiful card, lovely image fabulous colouring, luv the embelies, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane,

    I remember doing this as a kid, and I have to agree with you, that the neighbors might think we've lost it! LOL...

    You must've spent a ton of time coloring all those leaves. The detail is just amazing. I just love it!

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diane. Your colouring is just beautiful - so much detail on the leaves!Love the shiny ones too.
    My kids kick up the leaves so I just join in hoping to get away with it!
    Lisa x(DDSB DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of the kids when they were little and the x box hadn't reared its ugly head! Love those big metallic leaves
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Diane,such a fun image and coloured perfectly,great take on the sketch too!....thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday...

    Autumn is my favourite time of the year,i love the leaves and the carpet of colour they make and like you would just love to go outside with my wellies on and have a good kick around...brings back lovely memories :0)...

    Have a lovely weekend
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great image for this time of year!!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card, my daughter and I were doing the leave kicking just today!

    thankyou for joining in with the musical fun @ Allsorts

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab card - love that image - it is such fun. As usual coloured in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot to say - I love how you have used that ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Diane and I do like the embellishment you use :o)
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my God you have so much patient for coloring those littles details wowww i couln'd do better then that. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh YES! always loved playing in the leaves! Wow, that is a big pile to color! Love your coloring and placement of the leaves and tag, Diane...cool!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x