Thursday 11 November 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #33


Good morning, peeps and I hope it's not as wet where you are as it is here - I just got soaked doing a little food shopping - yuk!
Anyhoo, it's that time of the week again when we have another challenge down at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and this week it's 'Don't forget our men' - a manly project. I thought I'd bring in a touch of nostalgia with this delightful image of two boys playing 'marlies' as we used to call them. Yes, I confess I could play a mean game of 'marlies' myself and it didn't seem tomboy-ish! You can buy this image here and it was great fun to colour with my Copics and one or two Prismacolor pencils in which I've recently invested. However, the Sansodor to blend the Prismas hadn't arrived when I made this card so, hopefully, the technique will improve.
I used the Whimsy Stamps ticket sentiment because the look of concentration on the older boy's face made me feel he would certainly be making a wish as he rolled the marble! You can get the whole set of these from Bunny Zoe's Crafts. They're on pre-order at the moment but they will be back in stock week commencing 29th November.

If you've read any of my other recent posts, you'll know that I'm into carrying elements of the design on the front of the card into the inside at the moment and this picture shows what I did with this one.....

....and it carries over to the back! Nikki at Bunny Zoe's does a good range of these personalised stamps but mine came direct from Whimsy Stamps in the US and I'm delighted with it.
I'm entering this for the Sweet Stop Challenge SSS81 this week.
Here are the Copic numbers:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, R11, R20
Hair: E53, E57, E25, E47
E35, YR23, E51, Y21
Floor: W3, W1, 0
Marble ring: E40, E42, E44
Trousers and shoes: C7, C5, C3, C1
Sky: B000
Yellow shirt: YR31, Y21, Y28
Green shirt: YG03, YG11 YG25
The distressing around the edge of the image and on the tag inside is done with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. The DPs and buttons are from my stash and the Natural Raffia Lace is from Bunny Zoe's as well.
I do hope you'll join us for the challenge this week. I do find it quite challenging to make cards for the boys but I'm reasonably happy with this one and I hope you like it too.
Bye for now
Diane x

14 comments:

  1. Superb colouring.Love the LO and all the embellishments.Beautifully finished inside too.Great card all round.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,
    This is a fabulous card! My boys used to play marbles when they were younger (they are teenagers now)
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, no need to wait on the Sansordor!! lol. You did a marvelous job without it! I am in awe of your coloring. The rest of the card is simply amazing!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image looks fantastic. I love the design and embellishments, especially the little wire whirly gigs. :) Great card Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane what can I say? This is fabulous. Love every inch of it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane,

    Gosh girl...what an incredible coloring job on this stamp!! Wowzer, it looks fantastic...I just love it!

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is awesome!

    Greetings,
    Katja DDSB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely image and your colouring is just beyond beautiful! Stunning work!
    Hugs#
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. how yucky is this weather Diane...your card is a stunner, I love the image and the papers are a perfect choice
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wish ticket, I must invest in some, great card, I remember we used to use the drain covers at school to play marbles on, probably wouldn't be allowed these days on health and safety grounds,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card !! Love seeing someone use this image !
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great boy card. Your coloring is spectcular and the card fantstic. Love it Diane. Hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous guy card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your blog so much - you not only colour beautifully but you share what you have done and used.
    Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x