Thursday 2 December 2010

The Perfect Tree


Good morning, peeps!
The challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week is 'Let it Snow' and we have to show snow somewhere on our project. Well I think I went a bit overboard, don't you?!! But it's entirely appropriate to the weather outside because we certainly have plenty of this white stuff!
The title of this post is also the name of the image and you can buy it from the Digi Doodle Shop here. I think this image is just lovely with the little boy looking very adult carrying his axe and almost dragging his rather reluctant looking sister off to complete the task of finding the perfect Christmas tree. I really enjoyed the colouring, which I did with Copics and various coloured pencils blended with Sansodor. I added Polar White Flower Soft to the fur trim on their clothes and Glossy Accents to the little girl's wellies and the boy's axe blade. The 'snow' is twinkling with DecoArt Glamour Dust - I love the subtle shimmer this stuff gives!
The large snowflake (top left) is created from acetate cut with a Cuttlebug die, then Glossy Accents applied around the edges and the whole thing dipped in Twinklets Diamond Dust that I got from The Hobby House. It's out of stock at the moment but I'm sure that Gill will be getting more in soon. I do love this effect but I always find it difficult to cut the shape from the acetate and end up doing fine surgery with my scalpel to extract the full shape! On top of the acetate snowflake is a second one cut from vellum with a Marianne D die and I applied Quickie Glue to it and used the Glamour Dust again. I gave the same treatment to the small snowflakes and the pine branches. The gem brad and the buttons are from my stash. The doily behind that large snowflake is cut from a Docrafts 'Penelope and Percy' DP with a Marianne D die. The other papers are from a K & Co pad. All the distressing was done with an Adirondack Aqua ink pad.

I finished the inside with more of the K & Co paper and I used the scrap paper that was left over from cutting out the doily to create a frame on some card for a jotting panel - it seemed a shame to waste it! The photograph here looks very 'blue'...the light created from all the snow outside is really distorting the colours of the pictures and it looks much better IRL!
I do hope you'll be able to join us for the challenge this week and I'll see you again soon.
Bye for now!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Diane, love your snowflake! I never would have thought to use acetate-it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Diane. There has been four of us this time used the same image but they are all so different. Yours is lovely.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane this is just gorgeous!! Your coloring is perfect as always. I love how bright you kept yours.
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,
    Your card is gorgeous! Great job coloring!
    hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane, WOWZERS this is stunning. Those snowflakes are simply beautiful. Love the image and gorgeous colours.

    I live just up the road from you (more or less lol) in East Yorkshire and we have same taste in shop hahaha.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love all the little extras like the polar soft and glossy accents
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Diane, love your colouring too, I really must try pencils with my markers too, love the effect.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning card Diane. Love how you colour your images in and your choice of colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all the sparkling on that card!Your coloring is perfect and the papers are great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Diane and such an appropriate image :D! I love your colouring, there's so much depth, you've brought this cute little scene to life. Hope you aren't too snowed in, we're going to attempt going out today, eek! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief! The shading on this is fantastic Diane! I have so much to learn. Your card is wonderful! Beautiful colors and I love the littel touch of buttons. :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Diane you colour these DD's so beautifully, stunning card and snap with the snowflake lol
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Diane and your coloring is super great. Love the glitter in the snow. I put your card up in the Fan Club.
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation Diane. Love the lush rich colours you have used.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful inside and out.Your shading is superb.Love the snowflakes.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet image and your coloring is beautiful! I also love your embellishing and those sweet snowflakes! :) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning, stunning colouring and a gorgeous design too, love that glitter snowflake and a doilie!
    hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully colored image! I love the card layout and pretty sparkle!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, wow, WOW! I love this Diane! just purely perfectly Christmas! Gorgeous coloring!!!!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x