Thursday 10 March 2011

Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #50

Good morning, peeps! It's a bit of a chilly one here in Yorkshire so let's hope for brighter weather later! Well, am I a bad blogger or what? It seems forever since I last posted but I have been making cards and teaching a workshop and it's kept me fully occupied so I'll have lots of cards to show you after the weekend. Here's today's card for the challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week, where we have to use pearls on our project. I don't know whether or not they show up well on this photograph (if you click on the piccie to make it bigger you can see them) but I used pearl stamens in the centres of the hydrangeas in the top left corner of the card, so I hope they qualify! This hydrangea image is so gorgeous and you can buy it here in the store. It was a breeze to colour and the Copic and Promarker colours are at the end of this post. The DP is from my Prima 'Fairy Flora' pad and the flowers and leaves are Prima also. The pearl stamens are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the circular sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and distressed with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. Whilst mentioning the colouring, this is really the first time that I've used only Promarkers to colour a large area of an image (I used them for the flower heads). The main reason I selected them is that the blue pinks seem much gentler colours in the Promarkers, the Copic blue pinks are very harsh in some instances. Anyhoo, I used three colours on each petal but I found that the ink tended to bleed outside the lines a fair bit and I had to do some cleaning up with the Copic Blender Pen. It's not the card I used because I used only Copics for the leaves, laying down many more layers of ink and no bleeding at all. Do any of you bloggers notice this and if you do, how to you cope with it? Please leave me a comment and tell me your secrets! I'll be back tomorrow with another challenge but, in the meantime, I do hope you'll join us at DDSB, it's a really easy challenge this week and you might win a lovely voucher to spend in the store! Colours used: Flower heads: Promarkers Blossom, Pink Carnation, Rose Pink - centres Copic YG00 Leaves & stems: G40, G82, G24, YG63, YG67

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Diane. See what you mean about the promarker shades.
    Think of me later when we're struggling to erect an awning in these winds, lol, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    Lovely card hun. Love the soft feel to it.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image IS beautiful! This is one of my favorite DDS images and you've done a fantastic job with it Diane. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and colouring Diane. Love it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Diane and soooo pretty too. Love your matching flowers too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the softness of your shading.Couldn't have picked a better colour combo.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! I love the soft colors
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say at once: The coloring is perfect !!! I love all about this card ! So great job.
    Hugs Jóna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x