Thursday 3 March 2011

It's all down in black and white!

Good morning, peeps! The Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge this week is Black and White. Although you're allowed to use a small amount of one other colour if you need to and I did think about it, the lady on my card is wearing a white gardenia in her hair rather than a red rose - really, decisions, decisions!! Anyhoo, I followed the current Friday Sketchers sketch for this project and I'll also be entering it in that challenge. The central shape is cut from a Nestie and the image is coloured with Copics - warm greys for her dress and cool greys for her hair and the white bits of her gown and fan. I didn't feel the dress really looked black though until I deepened the shadows with a black Prisma pencil. The distressing around the image is done with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. The DPs are from a Papermania Capsule Collection pad and the ribbon was from my stash. The pearls and pearl brad were from The Hobby House. It was really a simple card to put together but I do think that monochrome is always so effective, don't you? Have a great rest of the day and until I 'see' you again.

12 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and so elegant!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diane!! This is stunning! I could sit and color pleats and folds all day long!! You coloring is as fab as always and the entire card just reeks with glamour!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,

    This is such a stunning card! I love that you picked this stamp, and honestly if it were a real dress..this would make me buy it!

    Hugs

    oh, did I mention I don't wear dresses? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Diane shes beautiful in monochrome...I love her white gardenia although bet it looks just as beautiful as a red rose
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and beautiful Diane ! Love it!
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure elegance Diane - the Regency stripes behind the image are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Diane. Very effective in Black and White. Love it, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant Diane. I love your colouring and your layout is super.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww that is a stunning card Diane! Looks amazing!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Diane, very elegant too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Diane! Monochoromatic is not easy to do for me, but you did a wonderful job, especially with your coloring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous.Your shading looks amazing.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x