Friday 20 May 2011

Cake card

Good morning, peeps and TGIF! Nearly the weekend - do you have something exciting planned? DT work for me! Speaking of which, here is my card for the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge which, this week, is a recipe:
3 papers
2 embellishments
1 ribbon
I love this type of challenge and here's what I did with it:


When I first saw this cake card on the talented Cabio's Blog it was another 'Wow, I must make one of those' moments and it was perfect for this recipe challenge!


Of course, being basically another easel card it was the usual challenge in the photography department - not one of my major talents at the best of times! The little box that is tied on with my 1 ribbon holds six birthday candles and, just to illustrate how they would be used, I've placed three spares in the holes of the 'cake', which is simply made with card covered with DPs.


This is a really fun project so do have try with it if you have need of a birthday card soon. I shall certainly be using the design again and stocking up on candles in readiness! I've also seen it produced with just one larger candle for the centre of the cake and four candles for Advent - both look great! The other good news for me in producing this card is that I've found a Red Violet (pink) Copic combination that I actually like - some of the colours in this colour family are so harsh that I hesitate to use them but this one could be used a lot!

Card recipe
Stamped image: Magnolia 'Tilda with Wedding Presents'
Copics: Skin: E000, E00, E01, E21, R11, R20. Hair: E50, E51, E53, E55, E33. Apron/socks: RV11, RV13, RV14 + Raspberry Prisma. Dress/shoes: BG70, BG72, Cool Aqua Promarker + Muted Turquoise Prisma. Parcels: Y32, Y35, Y38, Y13, Y15, Y17 + Golden Rod Prisma. YG01, YG03, YG25 + Moss Green Prisma. V12, V15, V17. BG70, BG72, Cool Aqua Promarker. Shadow: French Grey 50% & 70% Prismas.
DPs: Echo Park 'Summer Days'
Flowers: Wild Orhis Crafts
Dies: Magnolia Swirl and Sizzix Primitive Stars
Sentiments: Pink Petticoat (Happy Birthday) and Lili of the Valley (on cake)
Ribbon: from my stash
Whatever you're doing this weekend, have a great one and do try and join us for this challenge.
Hugs


7 comments:

  1. OMG!! WOW,WOW,WOW Diane, this card is exquiste!! the colouring is beautiful and the design is so unique!! It looks so complex and any recipient would be over the moon to receive it. Hugs Annie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww this is absolutely stunning Diane!! Great work!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely color cake card. Love the beautiful colored Tilda and the lovely details on this card. Thank you so much and happy to see you get a chance to try this card. It's time consuming, but yours turned out gorgeously :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Diane - this is fabulous! Love the additions but am in awe of how neat you got your round box. I could never get one so good. Thanks for sharing a fun and beautiful card again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane
    wow this is fabulous,awesome colouring, luv the colour combo, luv all the detail, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fabulous card...and so much detail! It's absolutely stunning!

    Thank you for your lovely comment over on my blog...now following your blog too and looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, novel and unusual card... and so beautifully made. I wish I had seen it in time to make a similar one for my 4 year old grandee's birthday.
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x