Friday 6 May 2011

A new challenge and an apology

Good morning, peeps!
Well, I can't believe that it's 2 weeks since I last posted anything to my blog so I'd like to apologise to all my lovely followers that there's been nothing new to see here. Excuses? Well I've had a really heavy, flu-y cold that's totally wiped a week from my life when I've been unable to do anything much and I don't 'do' ill so that's been a bit of a shock to the system! I'm still not good but better than I was. Then there was the Clarity DT work, which I must confess tends to absorb me totally so I need to be more organised about that and not neglect my blog - watch this space!
OK, moan over and let's get on to the challenge:

The challenge over at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this week is a sketch from my talented teamie Mindy. Here it is:

As always with Mindy's sketches it was great fun and easy to work with and I've echoed the design on the inside of my card, as you can see here:


I do like the insides of my cards to be properly finished but I must confess that too often lately I've just completed the outside to meet a deadline and I now have a whole box full of cards that are waiting for the insides to be prettied up and have a box to live in. Hey ho! That sounds like a little occupational therapy for when there's nothing else pressing!
Anyhoo, on to the card - the recipe is at the end of this post although it doesn't have the Copic numbers with it I'm afraid. The image was coloured some time ago (if it hadn't been I don't think there would have been a card this week!) and there was no note of the numbers with it.
Thank you so much lovely followers and visitors for looking today. I do hope that you'll join us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this week where there's a great prize up for grabs from our generous sponsor Simply Betty Stamps.
I'm teaching a Copic/Promarker/Prisma Pencils colouring class tomorrow at Samuel Taylor in Brighouse and I've still got lots of prep to do. My lovely son tells me I sound like a warbling chipmunk so I hope all the students manage to hear me OK! At least I'm no longer infectious!
Supplies:
Images: Magnolia on the front and Penny Black 'Scrolling Along' on the jotting panel inside
Sentiment: Hero Arts
Colouring: Copics and Prisma pencils
DPs: Basic Grey 'Kioshi' and a Freebie from Making Cards magazine ages ago!
Dies: Spellbinder Nesties and Magnolia Doohickey Swirls and leaves
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: from my stash
Pearls: The Hobby House
See you again soon!
Hugs



3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Diane, so pretty!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. That is my favorite basic grey paper. Your colors and your coloring are beautiful too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another absolutely stunning card Diane. Must have a look for some of that paper, it is yummy and so useful for this type of card as it incorporates so many colours. This is novice me talking!
    So sorry you have been ill, hope your recovery is a speedy one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x