Thursday 18 August 2011

A little more Clarity

Good morning, peeps!

Well are you surprised to see a post from me when it isn't Friday? I just thought I'd break a habit and post on a Thursday instead! I actually spend a good deal of my time crafting but a fair proportion of what I'm making can't be shown here on my blog until it's been shown (or not!) on the monthly Clarity Stamps TV show on Create and Craft. Then, very often when the show is over, I forget to post pictures here. So this post is a little catch up.



This card was the largest card I've ever made since it's A4 but I wanted to get all the Calligraphy Christmas Tree sizes on to one card and also include the Holly and Ivy Swirls since they embody the words of the carol.



Another Christmassy one - I hope you can pick up the sparkle in this picture. I wanted to really convey the feeling of snow falling in moonlight but the only problem is that sparkly embossing powder can be the very devil to work with because, if you're not careful, you end up with the sparkle everywhere and you can't see te images properly! (You're probably thinking 'Yes, I've been there!!') There was plenty of dabbing with the anti-static bag before the embossing happened, I can assure you! Anyhoo, I think it worked and hopefully the images embodied the words of the verse.



This is one that I really enjoyed making because it gave me the chance to watercolour something that I love but hardly ever do these days. I wanted to create the misty impression of the background in the original Alphonse Mucha painting as well as setting off the image to it's best advantage and watercolour was the most effective medium to allow this effect. Then I mounted it to look like a painting hangingon a wall. I can't remember what the DP is but I think it's Anna Griffin.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little meander back through a few of my past creations and thanks for staying with me through all the waffle and the piccies. I'll be back again tomorrow (well it's Friday isn't it?!!) with another Polka Doodle Challenge so see you there hopefully!

Hugs



2 comments:

  1. Diane, they are all beautiful and so different. Really love the top one and you're brave tackling A4. I may just have to have a go....watch this space, lol, c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft background to the Mucha stamp Diane and beautifully coloured, and yes, I think the DP is Anna Griffin too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x