Friday 12 August 2011

Polka Doodles Challenge 32 - Good Luck

Well, hello again!

I almost can't believe I'm making my second post in one day - it's certainly something I've never done before but I feel really pleased with myself for doing it! This is also a special card because it's my first sample as part of Team Doodle and I'm one lucky lady to have the opportunity to use all the wonderful products from Polka Doodles and there are so many of them that it was hard to know where to start!

This week, we're challenged to produce a Good Luck card and, since I love the Neighbours stampies so much, I decided to make mine a Good Luck in your New Home card, since the designs are perfect for that and here it is:



I really love the creative possibilities with these stamps since you could go on making cards with them for such a long time and never create the same scene twice! In fact it's quite hard to stop adding detail and ending up with the biggest card in the world!!

The paper and greeting are also from a Polka Doodles CD and I used 'Sundae of Seasons'. Crafting with CDs is totally new to me and it was quite a revelation to find that I could choose a sentiment outline and type whatever words I chose over it! Yay! what possibilities - I need never worry about having the right stamp again! Those of you who have been using CDs for a long time are probably wondering what planet I'm from but I openly admit that I have a lot to learn in this area.

I don't really have a recipe to leave you with for this card since I've already told you most of what I used. The colours are mostly the same as on the previous post (am I in a rut here?) and the flowers are from WOC, as usual. The leaves are from a Magnolia Doo Hickey die.

Anyhoo, who are you going to wish 'Good luck' to and enter your card into our challenge? You could win a wonderful prize from the lovely and generous Nikky as well as a blinkie for your blog.

After creating two posts in one day, I think I'd better go and lie down in a darkened room but whatever you're doing today, enjoy yourselves to the full and have a great weekend. I've still got some cleaning up to do from the kitchen re-fit so I think I'll just have to make myself a badge from one of these CDs that says 'I'd rather be crafting' and get on with it.

I wonder what I'll make next???

Hugs



12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Diane. The colours are gorgeous and such a pretty image
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it. Love the colours & the design is fab.Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW the finished result is stunning Diane. It was looking good in preparation but I just love the finished article. Of course I'm going backwards through my blog so I haven't seen the first one yet but enjoy your lie down and you can check in when you've had a snooze to see what comments I've left, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Diane!!! Great to have you on the Polka Doodles Team!!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is soooo special Diane, love the stamps and the colours are delish, first time I've used a CD as well so we have something in common as well
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Diane and your colouring looks absolutely stunning, a long way to go before mine looks half as good methinks lol
    Hope you got your kitchen sorted out - aren't workmen messy!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sweet, beautiful colouring too, so glad you joined our team,hugs,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Diane! Love the colours and those images are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha Ha, I hope you had a good rest :D!! Don't make a habit of this double posting will you or you'll be freaking us all out LOL. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Diane, love the little houses and your beautiful colouring, it's such a bright and happy card, perfect for a good luck greeting. Have a good week. Hugs, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dianne, I'm loving the card. The coloring is brill and it makes me want to move into the middle house as I love the roof on it. It's amazing what things make you smile. Hope you managed to sort out your kitchen. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Diane those colours are amazing on your perfectly coloured image and wow wow wow to the sky girl...its perfect
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the way you have coloured this, amazing.
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x