Friday 19 August 2011

Single layer card

Good morning, peeps!

A single layer card is the challenge at Polka Doodles this week, which is definitely a challenge to me! Well, you've probably seen my cards before and it's usually more a question of what else can I ladle on to them in the form of embellies! Anyhoo, here's what I came up with:



Now, if you've seen Nikky's work before (for those that aren't familiar, Nikky is Mrs Polka Doodles), like here, you'll see that I've completely CASEd her. (By the way, if you're not familiar with the expression, CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.) I confess that I've been completely fascinated with Nikky's method of creating these scenes for several weeks and have seen her demonstrate it three times now. Anyhoo, I finally plucked up courage to have a go at it myself - it's not as accomplished as those Nikky produces but I'll keep practicing! The shading is produced with Promarkers and the sentiment was printed from the All Around and Everywhere CD, which has a fabulous selection of papers, sentiments and images just like all the Polka Doodles CDs.

If you live anywhere within reach, I'm teaching this technique at Samuel Taylor, Brighouse on Tuesday 13 September and at the Roseville Street, Leeds store on Thursday 15 September, so maybe I'll see you there?

Whatever is your style, I hope you'll join us for this challenge, put away all your embellies and just see what happens when you have only one paper surface.

Well, it's back to other DT work for me but we'll be taking a break later to look at cars because that painfull time for the bank balance is starting to look imminent. Whatever you're doing today and over the weekend, have a good one and I'll see you again soon.

Thanks for looking today and please leave me a comment to let me know you've been around, I do so appreciate them.

Hugs



3 comments:

  1. wow Diane, stunning card, love the colours. Do you mind me asking whether you have done any of the classes that you have the blinkie for, I'm thinking of doing the Prisma pencil class, Id appreciated your thoughts.
    many thanks
    Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous images Diane and how beautifully you have used them. I love the subtle dreamy colour of this one. Quite a change but something you have mastered - again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spotted this on the challenge site. Love it but I bet you needed some vino to recover from the ordeal, lol, x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x