Wednesday 28 September 2011

Perpetual Calendar

Good morning, peeps!  Are you enjoying the sunshine then if you're in the UK?  We ceratinly waited a long time for it, a whole Summer in fact!

I thought I woud just make a quick post to show you a liitle project I taught yesterday to a lovely group of ladies at a workshop at Samuel Taylor in Brighouse.


This was inspired by a project on the talented Jane Johnson's Blog some time back, so thanks go to her for doing all the complicated work with measurements and stating which numbers go on each block to make the calendar work.

The blocks are distressed with Milled Lavender DI and over stamped with a Penny Black stamp 'Scrolling Along'.  I cut the numbers from a Spellbinders Presto Punch alphabet die called 'Plain Jane'.  This is designed for their punching device but also cuts in the Big Shot.  The months were printed on the computer and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The other decorations come from a Sizzlits die and Martha Stewart punches.

The surprise for me came when I discovered that the published detail of the workshop said that the calendar was decorated with Molly Blooms images.....whoops!  Better make more comprehensive notes when I'm booking workshops in future and thanks go to the good natured ladies who didn't seem to mind at all that their calendars didn't have characters on them!

Have a wonderful day and I hope you all manage to get out into the lovely sunshine.  Thank you for looking today and think of me here in my craft room running to catch up!

Hugs



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous workshop Diane - and such a beautiful colour you have worked with. Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Diame this is a stunning piece of work and such a fantastic idea for a gift
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. third time lucky...I am really struggling with comments Diane...this is an amazing piece of work, beautifully made and what a fantastic idea for a gift
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x