Thursday 5 January 2012

Mrs Claus

Good morning, peeps and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Well, I bet you thought Christmas was over for another year but I thought I'd just show you the card I made for my lovely husband, Brian:


This is one of those fabulous digi images from Kenny K and I chose it because Brian is often teased about looking like Santa because of his white hair and beard although both are close cropped and not flowing like Santa at all.  So I suppose this is my alter ego and it might have been 35 years ago but now I have to say that the only similarity is the red hair!  Anyway, a girl can dream.....

The image is coloured with Copics and Prisma pencils and I added Ultra Fine Flowersoft to the fur trim of her outfit.

The DP is from the wonderful Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection - fabulous papers these in lovely traditional colours.  The ribbon is from Stampin' Up and the charm was from The Works a couple of years ago.  I'm pretty sure I bought the huge poinsettia from The Hobby House and they come in a pack of mixed red and white flowers.

Well, considering that today is the 5th, I haven't exactly made a good start in my resolution to be a better blogger, but I am working on it - 'onest, guv! so I shall be back soon with something else to show you.  I really need to do some work throughout the year on Christmas cards so you may see some unseasonal posts from time to time.

Are you busy taking your Christmas decorations down today?  Whatever your doing, have a great one and thanks for looking!

Hugs



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous image Diane and great colouring.Love the ribbon too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card! Great image and such a pretty design too. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane, hope you had a good Christmas, bet Brian liked his sexy santa-ess. Great colouring as usual from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x