Wednesday 28 March 2012

Dawn on a gift bag

Good afternoon, peeps and what glorious weather we're having at the moment!  I really do think that all our seasons are beautiful but there is certainly something rather special about Spring.

Well I've been absent for far too long (again!) but I just thought I'd make a quick post and show you a project I taught to a class at the beginning of the month.  The inspiration for this came from the very talented Jane's Blog and she shows a simple way of making a gift bag by folding a piece of DP around a book - here's the result:

 The cute little image is a Nelie Snellen stamp called Dawn with Birthday Cake, which I just thought was appropriate for a gift bag.  The handles and the trim are punched with a Martha Stewart punch, as are the butterflies and the flowers are made with a Tonic Petal Pairs punch.  The ribbon is from Stampin' Up and the pearls are from The Hobby House.  The tag is cut from a Go Kreate die and the sentiment is a very ancient anonymous one that's been in my stash forever!

Copics

Skin - E000, E00, E21, R20, R11
Hair - E23, E25, E27, E31
Skirt - R20, R32, R35
Top - BG70, BG72
Shoes - Tea Green, Grey Green (Promarkers), W1, W3, W5
Cake - Y000, Y11, Y21, E21, E23, E50, E51

Hey!  Are you impressed or what?  I kept a note of the colours I used!

Well it's onwards and upwards with Design Team work.  My cards for Barbara Gray's show on Sunday on Create and Craft TV have just gone postal.  She's on at 9.00 a.m.and 3.00 p.m. so don't forget to watch if you're a fan - watch closely and you may just see some of my cards as well as my talented teamies' creations.  If you miss the shows, the cards just may appear here afterwards!

Whatever you have planned, have a great weekend if I don't 'see' you before and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs



2 comments:

  1. Am imagining how you do this and thinking what a clever idea. Of course your decorating of this one is beautiful as always and takes it one step up.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x