Wednesday 29 August 2012

Flying Colours

Good evening, peeps!

Yes, I'm back again with another sneaky peek at the new stamps that are being launched by the lovely Sheena on Friday.  Yesterday I showed you the Ornate Snowflake stamps so, by way of contrast, today there are some butterflies to see:


These two butterflies are stamped and embossed on to acetate, for the large butterfly I used black detail embossing powder and for the small one I used WOW! Black Glint EP.  Both of them have some blue glitter applied to the back of the image.  I used some new blingy Butterfly Bodies from Joycraft that I bought just the other day and I think they work really well.  Of course the iridescent background was created with the amazing Luminarte products, which Sheena will be demonstrating on the shows on Friday.

The flourishes are from the same plate, which is called  Flying Colours, and the purple ones are stamped with Versamark and have mica powder brushed on to them.  The black ones are embossed with the Black Glint EP again.  The silver coloured metal corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


These are dragonflies from the same plate and this time they've been stamped and embossed on to glossy card that's been given the polished stone treatment with alcohol inks and then cut out and mounted on more Luminarte background.  The lovely swirly flourish and Ivy Leaves are from the Fairies plate and I'll show you more of those images tomorrow - I just love to keep you in suspenders, don't I?!  The ivy leaves are cut from black glossy card with a Marianne die.  The gold coloured metal butterfly is from my stash.

Don't forget to tune into C & C at 10.00, 1.00 and 6.00 p.m. to see Sheena producing wonderful samples live.

Thanks for looking today and I'll see you again tomorrow.

Hugs



3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL CARDS,THE STAMPS ARE GORGEOUS.LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SHOWS.SUZYD X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sneaked these on when my back was turned! They are both great - really looking forward to the shows tomorrow, I love seeing everyone's cards " in the flesh" as it were :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Diane, and I especially like the treatment you have given that dragonfly - perfick!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x