Wednesday 8 May 2013

My favourite flowers

Good morning, peeps!  Oh where did the sun go?  I don't think he'll be putting his hat on and coming out to play today! :-(

Anyhoo, I thought I'd show you some flowers I painted (with the help of Sheena's Paint Fusion stamps but, like yesterday's samples, not using PF techniques) that always make me think of Summer sunshine and they are my very favourite flowers.  First on the list are poppies:



They are, of course, painted on to a Pebeo canvas board (this one is 18 x 24 cm) with the wonderful Pebeo Acrylic Paints.  It was so easy to make the clouds in the sky with a stencil brush and the High Viscosity Acrylic (the stuff in the tubes).  The flowers themselves were painted with the Deco Matt Paint.

Number 2 favourite flower is the daisy:


This one is on a 20 cm square canvas and using the Deco Matt Paint for the background and leaves but using the Studio Acrylic Titanium White.for the daisy flowers themselves to give greater opacity.  I always think that daisies look such cheerful flowers but then you probably always knew I was strange!

Sheena will be showing us what she's doing with these stamp designs on Create and Craft TV tomorrow at 8.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. so please don't forget to tune in.

In the meantime, you can check out what my Teamies LisaTracyFiona and Caroline are doing.

Thank you for looking today.

Hugs



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Diane, love your painting, so professional. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Diane. I love your clouds. What a burst of Summer.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous paintings,love the poppies.Suzyd x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x