Wednesday 18 September 2013

A bit more Oriental

Good morning, peeps and a lovely fine and sunny morning it is too!

Today, I thought I'd show you some of the lantern images in wor Sheena's latest collection coming to a screen near you on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Create and Craft's Pick of the Week (it's been extended from a Pick of the Weekend!!)  The collection includes not just stamps but fabulous embossing folders and Designer Papers too!  You'll find it hard to know what to use first because it's all fabulous!


The background was created using first a layer of smooshed on Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar all applied to the matte side of Centura Pearl Card.  I then used the two cherry blossom branch stamps inked with Versamark all over the card.  I brushed the Tahiti Dreams set of Primary Elements over the Versamark images and followed that by dabbing a damp sponge all over the card (you know the one you've seen Sheena use with bits pulled out of it!).  When the card was dry, I put it through the Cherry Blossom Embossing Folder and just rubbed the Silver Pebeo Gilding Wax lightly over the embossed flowers and slightly more liberally around the edges.

The brackets in the corners were stamped on silver card and cut out.  The cherry blossom stamp was stamped and embossed in black on to Heat Resistant Acetate then painted from the back with the Pebeo Studio Acrylics.  I coloured the lanterns with Copics but the Spectrum Noirs would do just as good a job and you'll find them on special promotion on the shows!

It's hard to see the background paper in this piccie but it's one of the ones from the paper pad that's part of the collection and it has blue koi carp printed on it.

I do hope you'll be watching along with me over the weekend and beyond.  The timings at the moment are:

Friday 20 September 12 p.m., 3p.m. and 5 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Monday 4p.m. and 7p.m.

However, I should watch the C & C website in case there are changes to this info.

Thanks for looking today.

Hugs



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colours in this. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Diane! I look forward to seeing the collection...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the colours you have used.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Diane - thanks or the show times and I'm getting more and more excited xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful creation Diane.. everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing how you created that stunning background, Diane. I must have a play with those colours. It's a really beautiful card.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x