Thursday 10 April 2014

Watch out .....there's a tiger about!

Good morning, peeps and what a lovely, sunny morning it is - well, in Yorkshire anyway!

I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long but I've had a really nasty dose of bronchitis that has dragged on, and on..... anyhoo, moan over, I'm back with a tiger - no, not in my tank (for those of you with long memories!) but on my card.  I've been beavering away with wor Sheena's wonderful new Indian Collection of stamps about to be shown on Create and Craft TV next week as their new 4 Day Deal.

Here's the big pussy cat taking his ease by the watering hole:


Sheena's drawing s always superb but I particularly love this tiger - what a handsome chap he is!  I produced his reflection by using a brayer to pick up the image from the stamp and then roll it off again on to some Neenah Card.  I coloured both images with Spectrum Noir Pens.

The jungle background is made with H2Os splodged on to the matte side of Centura Pearl then I stamped the leaf images from the same tiger plate with the same paints and finally embossed the card with one of the A4 embossing folders that you'll also see on Sheena's shows - there's a whole big bunch of them, all with wonderful designs in the Indian theme.

A rather new addition to the range this time is a CD with printable background papers all designed by the Inkoids and they're fabulous!  (Well, I would say that wouldn't I but they are - really!)

The shows start on Monday 14 April at 8.00 a.m. and Sheena's back again at 1.00 p.m.  Be prepared for lots of wonderful, technique-y demos!

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneaky peek.

Oh, and I mustn't forget to tell you that I heard only this week that I've passed the course and I'm now an Accredited Crafter's Companion UK Demonstrator - am I thrilled or what!

Edit:  I decided to enter this card in the Spectrum Noir Challenge for April.

Hugs


7 comments:

  1. WOW Diane this is AWESOME! I love tigers and the scene you have created is breathtaking.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful stuff Diane! That tiger is amazing and the scene you created is beautiful - great trick with the brayer - i love reversing images that way. Well done on the accreditation too! Brilliant stuff! Must look into that! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is an absolute masterpiece and I just adore what you have done with the tiger xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is an absolute masterpiece and I just adore what you have done with the tiger xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to come and admire this, Diane, it really is gorgeous.I absolutely love how you did the reflection.
    I hope you are starting to feel a bit better now, this lovely weather lifts the spirits doesn't it.
    Take care and congrats again.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Diane, I so admire your talent and mega congrats at your new qualification, well deserved, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is faulous Diane. Had to pop over to see how you did it. Many congratulations on your new qualification.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x