Monday 29 September 2014

I've been bursting to tell you about these!

Good afternoon, peeps!

Yes, I've been so excited about this new addition to the Spectrum Noir stable - it's Spectrum Noir Aquatint Inks!  They're a watercolour ink that has the most vibrant and intense colours but also beautiful pastels as well.  These liquid water paints can be mixed to create bespoke colours and they will blend together seamlessly.

In terms of what you can use them for it's probably easier to list what you can't use them for because they're so versatile.  My fellow Inkoids and I will be showing you projects all of this week until the paints themselves are launched on Create and Craft TV by the lovely lady herself, Sheena Douglass in a Weekender event.  That means that shows start at 9.00 a.m. on Saturday morning and continue through the weekend - I'll update you with times as soon as I hear them.

Anyhoo, without more ado, here is the first card from me:


It's something totally different for me but it was great fun to do.  The Aquatints come in packs of six colours and the packs include paint brushes and six pipettes.  I used the pipettes to drop colour on to the Sheena Stamping Card and then blew each blot around with some of that compressed air in an aerosol can.  I tried just blowing through a straw but the compressed air produced more spidery splats, which I preferred.  The sentiment is from one of Sheena's new stamp plates that are also being launched on the show and the black splats are from the Ageing Beautifully plate.

Thanks for looking today and I'll see you again tomorrow.

Hugs



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x