Saturday 1 November 2014

More mixed media

Good morning, peeps!

Well are you all ready with a cuppa to sit down and watch wor Sheena?  I'm so looking forward to the shows!  If you are watching, look out for these samples:


This is painted on a stretched canvas and I think I just about chucked everything at this before I finally painted it with the Pebeo Acrylics (on the shows today if you're quick - they often sell out!).  There are plasterboard tape, butter muslin (or cheese cloth as some call it), crumpled tissue paper, modelling paste, die cuts, grunge board shapes (Tim Holtz) and silk flowers....oops! nearly forgot the beads!  When the paint was dry I dry brushed over the highlights with gesso and finally added some Pebeo Gilding Wax to other highlights.



This box could be for a man because it's not fussy at all but is painted with the special effects paints that are in the mixed media kit launching today on Create and Craft TV.  The shape stretched diagonally across the lid is one of the new stamps that you'll see today.

And finally:


A door hanger for the lady herself.  The wood is primed with gesso and then painted randomly with Spectrum Noir Aquatints.  The stamps used for the tree and leaves are new for this weekend's shows and the leaves are painted with H2Os.

Enjoy the shows and thank you for looking.

Hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x